So after dropping almost 60lbs 12 months ago I am back on a diet again! This is not the terrible thing it might at first appear to be... Oh no! This is an opportunity in disguise ;) On Dukan the first time I lost 60lbs but stopped dieting while I was still overweight. Dukan told me to stop at 71kgs (156.2lbs) but I really wanted to go to 65kgs (143lbs). I was following the Dukan on-line program and I emailed them to ask if I could move my goal weight. They said no; so I ignored them.
I continued on the Cruise phase (weight-loss phase) unsupervised. My on-line instructions were telling me that I was in the Stabilisation phase (maintenance) but I thought I knew better! I kept the weight off for maybe 4 months, then I went travelling around the Antipodes and 5kgs (11 lbs) crept back on, living out of a rucksack and eating crappy food did the damage. I was separated from my weighing scales while I was travelling and this broke my daily weigh-in habit. The daily weigh-in really keeps you honest!
When I got home it was Christmas, I though I should live it up over the holidays and DIET with a vengeance in January. This seemed like a wonderful plan!
Low and behold January came around and I just didn't feel like being on a diet. I was still divorced from my scales... February zipped by while I was busy telling everyone how grate it is to be single. Then March and the joy of Easter chocolate!
On the 29th of March I was cleaning my bathroom, I moved the weighing scales to wash the floor... I thought, hmmm... It's been awhile. On I stepped and WHAM!! I got the shock of my life 81 kgs (180lbs). Waaaa... I logged onto the Dukan website for the first time in ages, I couldn't get into my account any-more my subscription was obviously up. In panic I signed up again and paid the €150 fee. The silver lining in all of this is that this time my Dukan goal weight is 63.3kgs (140lbs). So now I will get to do the diet properly and I will have Dukan support the whole way! I am going to be a saint and follow the diet to the letter this time.
My attack phase was 6 days long and went very well; I lost 5kgs (11 lbs).
My cruise phase is 129days long; today is day 6 and I have lost another 4lbs
No comments:
Post a Comment